CHANGES IN BUILD 20230903:
- Added option for LCOH minimization. Also maximization of capacity factor and minimization of LCOE, with weights. Also maximization of IRR.
- Added control strategy for grid-connected electrolyzer: run at full load, buying electricity to the grid if necessary; at high electricity price electrolyzer power can be supplied by the battery.
- Updated wind data downloading from Renewables Ninja.
- Fixed minor bugs.
CHANGES IN BUILD 20230630:
Fixed minor bugs
CHANGES IN BUILD 20230628:
- In the simulation of multi-period projects, now you can choose to see the electricity price of the year shown (by default now) or of the year 0 (as before).
- In the Excel of the simulation, added specific units for each column and fixed bugs.
- Added two more decimal places in the LCOE column of the results table in NPC minimization projects.
- Corrected bugs in the visualization of the simulation of multi-period projects.
- Corrected bug in the visualization of the value of Initial Investment in the report in NPC minimization projects.
- Fixed minor bugs.
CHANGES IN BUILD 20230620:
-Added the calculation of corporate taxes, considering EBIT, interest payment, linear depreciation and amortization.
-Added the possibility to define the inverter-charger power depending on the battery duration wanted, considering only the first inverter-charger of the list.
-In pumped-hydro-storage (PHS), added the possibility to define the water tank or reservoir capacity as the turbine maximum flow multiplied by the duration wanted.
-Added the possibilty to consider the water flow defined in the hydro resource as water inlet in the water tank or reservoir.
-Added more parameters for the electrolyzer electricity consumption and efficiency, with the possibility of obtaining efficiency curves more similar to the real ones.
-Added electrolyzer unavailability in PV systems during night time and in wind systems if there are several consecutive hours with calm wind. After the stop, when the electrolyzer starts again, a cold-start time is considered, and also an extra ageing (in minutes) due to each cold-start.
-Added the possibility to use a fixed value for the hydrogen tank capacity, which is the maximum (in systems where a hydrogen load must be met). In previous versions, the H2 tank capacity was determined at the end of the simulation of each combination, as the minimum necessary.
-Added the possibility to account for the replacement costs of the PV inverter (its own inverter in AC coupled systems), the PV inverter replacement costs will be added to the O&M costs of the PV generator.
-Added ratio rated apparent power / rated active power of the backup generator.
-Added the possibility to update the results table to the present data (simulating again each combination of the results table) when saving the project.
-Added zoom in the electricity price chart which is over the simulation chart (simulation screen)
-Corrected bugs in multi-period optimization of the limitation of the AC power of the PV due to its own inverter.
-Corrected bug when downloading hourly irradiation data from PVGIS, horzontal axis tracking.
-Corrected errors when opening project with sensitivity analysis.
-Corrected bugs with databases changing the currency.
-Corrected bug in optimization of arbitrage with 3 variables (before, in optimization the price limits were < and > and in simulation <= and >=, now both the same, < and >).
-Fixed minor bugs.
-Corrected bug in some cases in the calculation of electricity purchased to the AC grid in systems with DC renewable generation and AC load.
-Corrected bugs in systems with hydrogen load and grid-connected batteries management (energy arbitrage).
-Corrected bugs in systems with electricity load and grid-connected batteries management (energy arbitrage).
-Fixed minor bugs.
CHANGES IN BUILD 20230122:
- Added the possibility to inject power to the AC grid from the fossil fuel generator (AC generator) in NPV maximizing systems (in generating systems which sell electricity to the grid).
- Added C-rate for grid-connected battery charge / discharge.
CHANGES IN BUILD 20221223:
- Fixed minor bugs
- Added minimum capacity of the water tank or reservoir to allow the use of the turbine in PHS systems.
- The user can define if PV AC coupled inverter can limit the AC output power of the PV to the inverter rated power. If not limited, as in previous versions, we assume the inverter can be overcharged.
- Capacity factor when PV is AC coupled uses AC output power of the inverter instead DC PV power.
CHANGES IN BUILD 20221210:
- Added possibility to use electricity sell price inflation instead of general inflation in calculation of LCOE in maximizing NPV projects.
- Fixed minor bugs (bifacial PV, CPV, electrolyzer, fuel cell).
CHANGES IN BUILD 20221201:
New version 3.4 published in November 22, 2022. News:Added the possibility to consider wake effect in wind turbines.Added the availability (hourly and monthly) for electrolyzer and for fuel cell.Added variable efficiency for the water pump (for PHS and for water supply).Choose power limit for priority to use surplus Energy in pump or in batteries In Excel file obtained in simulation, added column of efficiency of turbine, efficiency of pump and efficiency of electrolyzer (% of HHV).Improved visual effects in graphs, adding checkbox for the different series.In load window the graph includes the water load (in energy pumped) and shows the total average daily energy for each month. In iHOGA high power projects and in MHOGA, added the possibility to connect PV generator and wind turbines to the DC bus.Extended download irradiation/wind/temperature hourly data from PVGIS for all around the world. Changed maximum current in li-ion batteries databases to C/2. Corrected problem with full equivalent cycles model of li-ion batteries when including calendar ageing for cases of very low discharge current.Corrected bugs in some cases with PHS storage.Corrected bugs when showing unmet load in multi-objective optimization.Fixed minor bugs.
New version 3.3 published in September 29th, 2022. News:Added a new li-ion LiFePo4 battery degradation model (Naumann et al., 2020). MHOGA: In maximization of the net present value (NPV) projects, added the constraint of the minimum renewable capacity factor (sold energy divided by peak power of the renewables multiplied by 8760 h).MHOGA: In maximization of the net present value (NPV) projects, added the constraint of the maximum land use.In maximization of the net present value (NPV) projects, added the the result of the renewable capacity factor (sold energy divided by peak power of the renewables multiplied by 8760 h).MHOGA: In maximization of the net present value (NPV) projects, added the result of the land use.In maximization of the net present value (NPV) projects, when a solution does not meet all the constraints, it is assigned an NPV of –infinite (before it was assigned 0).Added the number of cycles to failure for 100% DOD of the batteries.Fixed bugs
New version 3.2 published in April 2nd, 2022. News:
Added calculation of direct irradiance when downloading data from databases.
Added graph of direct irradiance.
Added possibility to consider Concentrating PV (CPV) modules or generators.
Corrected bugs when downloading NASA hourly data.
Corrected bugs of multi-objective optimization (when using unmet load as objective).
Corrected bug when calculating back surface irradiation if solar tracking (one or two axis) was selected.
Corrected minor bugs.