There are two versions of iHOGA:
- Professional (PRO+)
- Educational (EDU, free of charge), available in the download area.
MHOGA software has a unique PRO+ version (no EDU version available).
PRO+ version of iHOGA or MHOGA (full professional):
This version includes all the features.
You can consult the prices in the PURCHASE PRO+ version link.
If you wish to purchase the PRO+ version of iHOGA or MHOGA, please follow the next steps:
- 1. Download the free EDU version of iHOGA (download area).
- 2. Check that the EDU version works correctly on your computer (for example, by doing the first example of the Getting Started Guide available in the download area).
- 3. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com indicating that you want to purchase the PRO + version (one year license or permanent license).
- 4º Soon we will respond you with instructions to make the purchase, by transfer to the bank account of the University of Zaragoza (Spain).
EDU version of iHOGA (educational, free, available in the download area).
EDU version can only be used in training or educational fields. The use of EDU version is not allowed in engineering works, works of installations, etc., and, in general, in any case in which there are derived economic transactions. Nor is it allowed to be used in research projects such as the development of doctoral theses, etc.
In EDU version the average total load consumption is limited to 7 kWh/day.
EDU version includes all program features except the following:
- AC grid connection
- Bifacial PV modules
- High power projects
- Multiperiod simulation and optimization
- Pumped Hydro Storage (PMH)
- Maximization of net present value (NPV) or minimization of LCOE in generation systems
- Options for the contracted power in grid-connected systems.
- PV generator divided in two zones at different slope and azimuth
- Sensitivity analysis
- Probability analysis
- Copetti and Schiffer lead-acid battery models
- Lithium battery models
- Battery maximum capacity dependence on temperature
- Battery cycle number dependence on temperature
- Net metering or net billing in buying / selling power to the AC grid
- Hourly price of electricity to buy / sell to the AC grid
- Simulation steps lower than 1 h
- MPPT Photovoltaic
- PV solar tracking (1 or 2 axis)
- Battery charge / discharge control on systems connected to the AC grid
- Periodic charging of the batteries through the AC generator
- Multiple AC generators in parallel
- Minimization of the weight to be transported or of the cost of operation in temporary transportable installations
- Control strategy “Cycle charging” and optimization of control variables
- Get latitude, longitude and altitude of the locality in web map
- Import wind data from Windfreedom
- Obtain optimal PV modules slope / optimize panel slope together with all other variables to be optimized
- Export the results of the simulation
- Possibility to choose priority for supplying the energy not covered by renewables through the AC grid.
- AC grid time availability.
- DC voltage dependant on batteries SOC.