The following new features have been included in version 2.5:
- Added the possibility that PV generator can be divided in two zones at different slope and azimuth.
- Added thermoelectric generator (TEG, Seebeck effect).
- Added the option to download hourly data of a whole year (irradiation, temperature and wind speed) from Renewable Ninja (https://www.renewables.ninja/) or from PVGIS (https://re.jrc.ec.europa.eu/pvg_tools/en/tools.html).
- Improved hourly and minutes irradiance calculation.
- Changed security factor to efficiency in PV.
The following new features have been included in version 2.4:
- Added hourly availability of the AC grid (every hour of the year the AC grid can be defined as available or unavailable). This novelty is useful for simulating systems connected to weak AC grids, with frequent blackouts, as occurs in certain areas of certain developing countries.
- In previous versions unmet load (energy not served) was always defined as the demand that can not be covered by the autonomous system (composed of renewable sources, batteries, AC generator, etc.), not considering the AC network. In this version it is possible to define the unmet load as the demand that can not be covered neither by the autonomous system nor by the AC grid, that is to say, the energy demanded by the loads that can not be covered in any way.
- In the previous versions the energy that could not be covered with renewable sources was covered primarily with the batteries / AC generator / fuel cell, and if there was still unmet energy, it was covered with the AC network (if it was available and have activated the purchase of electricity to the AC grid). In this version it is possible to choose that the energy that is not covered with renewable sources is covered as a priority with the AC grid and, if the AC grid is not available or if it can not cover all the demand, try to cover energy not served with batteries / AC generator / fuel cell.
- DC bus voltage can depend on battery bank SOC.
- Corrected the error that when choosing solar tracking in one or two axes did not appear such tracking in the report.
- Fixed minor bugs.
Projects created by iHOGA version 2.3 can be open by iHOGA version 2.4.
The following new features were included in version 2.3:
• Checking the date on the Internet is done more efficiently.
• Bugs fixed.
• Synthetic generation of irradiation, wind and consumption in 1 minute intervals.
• Simulation time steps from 1 minute to 1 hour.
• Unlimited number of AC generators (diesel, gasoline …) are allowed in parallel. The recommended number is obtained by the pre-sizing button.
• Added the possibility of including lithium batteries, with three life models (in addition to equivalent cycles and cycle count): two models for LiFePO4 batteries and one for LiCoO2 batteries.
• Updated databases including lithium batteries.
• Added management of the charge/discharge of batteries in the case of systems with batteries connected to the AC grid, by fixed limits or by optimization of 2 or 3 variables for charging from the AC grid /discharging. You can set hours at which the batteries are available for charging from the AC grid or discharging. You can also set hours at which the charge from the AC grid or the discharge is forced.
• Modeled the increase in aging and O&M cost of AC generator when operating out of its optimal range.
• If the photovoltaic generator is connected to the AC bus via its own inverter (AC coupling), the number of PV panels in serial is indicated by the user.
• Possibility of overloading in inverter and AC generator in simulations with time steps less than 1 h.
• Added stopping criterion in probability analysis (Monte Carlo).
• Added probability analysis of the variation of interest of the price of the fuel of the AC generator.
• Added correlation between input variables for the probability analysis.
• Added the optimization of temporary (removable) installations with a duration of less than one year, in cost or weight.
• The Human Development Index (HDI) can be modeled considering the use of part of the excess energy.
• The job creation of photovoltaic and wind power can be modeled dependent on the installed power.
• At the end of the study period, the residual value of the system components can be considered or not.
• Synthetic generation of temperature hourly data can be performed using the model of Erbs et al., 1983.
• Warn if you create a project with the same name as an existing project.
• Warn if you save a file with the same name as an existing file.
• You can save any project as a default project